#ASRD 2016 Report
The Interlagos Autodrome received on Sunday (4th September), the 13th edition of the Relay Ayrton Senna Racing Day Marathon, consolidated event in Brazil in the racing calendar, allowing riders to experience the experience of running in the same place where the idol won victories unforgettable and contribute to public education in the country. The attempt recalled the 25th anniversary of Senna’s third championship in Formula 1.
With starting at 7pm, thousands of participants had the opportunity to enjoy a special Sunday at Interlagos, full of attractions for runners, friends and family.Food Trucks and Ayrton Senna Shop enlivened the audience.
In addition, visitors could check the exposure Senna in Head and the Heart, with a collection of helmets customized by idols such as Ivete Sangalo, Reynado Gianecchini, Rodrigo Santoro, Isis Valverde and Paola Oliveira, among others. What is also exposed are the car of the Atila Abreu, Stock Car pilot, and helmets and original trophies of Ayrton Senna.The Senninha character was also present to entertain children and adults.
Athletes were also able to take advantage of the massage offered by EMSPharma. At the podium, the hallways were packed by the famous theme of Victory, played live by musician Michael Robson.The instrumental song became identified with the achievements of Ayrton Senna.
Vanderlei Cordeiro de Lima, former marathon runner and athlete who had the honor of lighting the Olympic cauldron in Rio 2016 Games, attended the marathon.They also illustrated the event Olympic athletes Ana Marcela, aquatic marathon, Gustavo Grummy, the Brazilian national water polo, and Gilvan Ribeiro, canoeing athlete.
The Marathon Relay Ayrton Senna Racing Day is a realization of the Ayrton Senna Institute, organized by Sports Prod. Part of the amount collected with the registrations is donated to the Ayrton Senna Institute, an organization that annually benefits 1.8 million children and young people in all regions of Brazil, with quality public education.
Promoted by the Ayrton Senna Institute since 2004 in São Paulo, Ayrton Senna Racing Day is a marathon relay for teams of two, four and eight participants at a distance of 42.2 km. It’s an exciting race and different because:
- It takes the name of Ayrton Senna and is a tribute to triple champion of Formula 1
- Happens inside the racetrack, allowing the runner to experience the thrill of going through boxes and cross the finish line.
- To happen in a closed circuit, the Ayrton Senna Racing Day provides ample security for participants and full technical competence and quality of organization.
- The race is social, because the full value of the entries is intended to improve the quality of public education in the country, through the programs of the Institute Ayrton Senna.
- One of the major marathons in the country
Join | Participate | Support Education